Cost per serving $0.43 view details
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 c. frzn unsweetened Boysenberries or possibly fresh
- 12 pkt Equal sweetener or possibly other brand (1 gram)
- 1 c. plain low-fat yogurt stirred*
- 1 x egg white
- 1/3 c. cool water
- 1/3 c. nonfat dry lowfat milk
- In a small saucepan or possibly Microwave c., combine 1/4 c. water with gelatin; let stand 1 minute. Cook and stir over Low heat till gelatin dissolves; set aside. In blender or possibly food processor fitted with metal blade (I used hand held blender) puree berries. Strain; throw away seeds. Combine pureed berries with Equal and dissolve gelatin. Stir in in yogurt. In a small bowl, combine egg white with 1/3 c. water and dry lowfat milk; beat till stiff but not dry. Fold into Boysenberry mix. Freeze in ice cream maker according to directions.
- (In my ice cream mixer, pour into frzn bowl, mix for 20-25 min, leave in bowl longer to freeze more or possibly put in freeze container and freeze till needed.)
- Makes 1 qt.
- NOTES : This is delicious with a wonderful fresh Boysenberry flavor. So creamy, it is hard to believe it has no fat or possibly sugar.
- I received a wonderful Christmas gift of an all electric ice cream maker and tried it out today with the recipe below. It was really wonderful, hard to believe it was lowfat-no sugar. If you have a larger machine than mine, I am sure the ingredients could be doubled. My husband usually doesn't care much for fruit flavored frzn dessert, but he liked this one.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 76g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 9||25%|
|Total Fat 1.05g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.65g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.37g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|