United States Chef
Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner Profile
Cooking & Eating with all my senses...
My passion is food whether it is cooking, baking, eating, talking about it or reading about it. Cooking for family and friends is my way of showing some love. I hope you take a look at my blog to see what's cooking in the Midwest!
My mother. She was a fantastic cook who loved to entertain and always cooked from scratch; no cake mixes and bottled sauces for her! I loved to stand beside her as she cooked and explained procedures to me. She was well-known for her delicious pies; her flaky pie crust. I have not mastered that yet, still working on it...
- The Fanny Farmer Cookbook
- My very first cookbook. It's filled with classic American recipes.
- For the Love of Cooking (Lena Sturgis)
- This cookbook is chock full of great Southern recipes!
- The Way to Cook (Julia Child)
- The essential cookbook for every kitchen!
- The Yellow Farmhouse Cookbook (Christopher Kimball)
- His recipes are trustworthy and his writing style is great.
Chefs I recommend
- Julia Child
- Ina Garten
- Rick Bayless
- Martha Stewart
- John Besh
Restaurants I Recommend
- Gene & Georgetti's (Chicago, IL)
- Excellent steaks, great Italian food, classic, very old school atmosphere.
- Louie's Back Yard (Key West, FL)
- Incredible cuisine with spectacular ocean views.
- The Court of Two Sisters (New Orleans, LA)
- Charming Cajun, Creole restaurant with fabulous food and great Bananas Foster.
- Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse (Chicago, IL)
- Great steaks and pasta!
- Greek Islands (Chicago, IL)
- Flaming Saganaki Cheese and Mousaka!
- Giordano's Pizza (Algonquin, IL)
- Best Chicago-style pizza!
- Millrose (Barrington, IL)
- American meals with rustic ambience.