These are chicken tenders, but not for eight year olds. I am a big kid at heart and although I truly enjoy this restaurant standby, at home I like to explore the simple, yet delicious concept and also make it a healthful choice. I hope you will too... Change it up, make them Jamaican style with Ocho Rios Jerk seasoning and melted butter poured on top. Who knows?
- One package, raw chicken tenders (about eight to a pack)
- One whole egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup or less, Dijon mustard (I used Archer Farms, Dijon mustard with cracked pepper, thyme and lemon)
- Two cups, Panko crumbs (plain)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Â¼ tsp. Red pepper flakes
- Cayenne pepper, healthy dash or two
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- Â½ tsp. Paprika
- Â½ cup, crumbled Feta cheese
- Poppy seeds, for garnish
- Olive oil in a spray bottle
- Wash and pat dry chicken, set aside
- Crack egg into a bowl and beat with a fork, set aside
- Ready the Dijon mustard in another bowl
- Combine the next nine ingredients
- Begin by taking each chicken strip through a very quick egg dip then proceed to dip each side in the Dijon mustard. Coat well in seasoned Panko mix and place on foiled, olive oil coated baking sheet making sure to space each tender for even cooking.
- Once done coating, garnish with Poppy seed sprinkle on each and coat top side with Olive Oil from your spray bottle.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dipping Sauce #1: In a ramekin, mix together Archer Farms Dijon mustard along with ketchup and Dukeâs mayonnaise (or similar) until it reaches desired taste.
- Dipping Sauce #2: Use low fat Greek style yogurt.]
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 85g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 70||25%|
|Total Fat 7.99g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.62g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|