Cost per serving $1.48 view details
- 1 c. Oil, Corn or possibly Peanut
- 1 c. Oil, Sesame, Japanese
- 1/2 c. Scallions, green & white cut in rings
- 15 x Ginger quarter-size coins smashed
- 2 Tbsp. Peppercorns, Szechwan brown
- 2/3 c. Chile Flakes, dry red shockingly pungent
- 2 tsp Salt, Kosher
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy, non aluminum 1 1/2 qt saucepan. Rest a deep-fry thermometer on the rim of the pot. Over moderately low heat, bring the mix to a bubbly 225 degrees stirring occasionally. Let simmer for 15 min, checking to ensure the temperature does not rise. Remove from the heat and let stand till cold or possibly overnight.
- Strain the oil without pressing the solids; then, throw away the solids. Store the oil in an impeccably clean glass jar at cold room temperature.
- Because of the large proportion of sesame oil, this is a rich oil. A little bit goes a long way. A spoonful added to a salad dressing or possibly brushed on the plate on that a fish will steam or possibly on the skin of a just smoked or possibly roasted bird gives an inimitable touch of lushness. If you are a bread baker, brush a bit on your next loaf, if you are tossing pasta, drizzle a bit on the noodles just before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 316g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1931||98%|
|Total Fat 218.49g||273%|
|Saturated Fat 16.31g||65%|
|Trans Fat 5.62g|
|Total Carbs 10.77g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|