- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 4 ounce Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c. Sliced celery
- 1 c. Shredded carrots, (about 2 medium)
- 1 med Onion, minced
- 3 Tbsp. All purpose flour
- 6 c. Chicken stock or possibly canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. Half and half
- 2 Tbsp. Minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 lb Chicken tenders, cut into 1/2-inch pcs
- 1 c. Penne pasta
- 1/4 lb Sugar snap peas, halved diagonally
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- Heat butter in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add in mushrooms, celery, carrots and onion. Cook till celery and onion are tender, about 5 min. Add in flour and cook 3 min, stirring frequently.
- Gradually fold in chicken stock. Bring soup to simmer, stirring frequently. Add in half and half and minced parsley and simmer 5 min. Add in chicken tenders and simmer till cooked through, about 5 min. (Chicken soup can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cold slightly.
- Cover and chill.)
- Cook penne pasta in large pot of boiling salted water till just tender but still hard to bite. Drain pasta. Bring chicken soup to simmer. Fold in cooked pasta and sugar snap peas and simmer 2 min.
- Fold in lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Makes 12 First-Course or possibly 6 Main-Course servings.