Cost per serving $2.12 view details
- vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 heaped tbsp mild Indian curry paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8-10 cardamom pods, smashed a bit
- 6-8 chats (baby potatoes), scrubbed & halved
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & cut into chunks
- 2 medium carrots, peeled & cut into chunks
- 2 parsnips, peeled & cut into chunks
- 3-4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Â½ small cauliflower, cut into florets
- Â¼ cup frozen peas, thawed
- Â¼ cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- plain yoghurt
- Heat a little oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot and gently sautÃ© the onion, garlic and ginger until tender, stirring now and again.
- Add the curry paste, cinnamon stick and cardamom. Stir until well combined and the spices are toasted.
- Then add the chats, sweet potato, carrot and parsnips. Briefly toss to coat with the spice paste.
- Add about 3 cups stock, Â½ cup coconut milk and seasonings. Stir well, scraping down the sides of the pot as you do so and gently cook for about 20-30 mins until the vegies are fairly tender, adding more stock and/or coconut milk if needed.
- When almost ready, stir in the cauliflower and cook until tender.
- Then add the peas, cashews and coriander. Stir, bring back to the boil and briefly cook. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt on top.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 393g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 141||58%|
|Total Fat 16.89g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 11.69g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.68g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||14%|