I've tried a lot of white cupcake recipes. Many turn out too flat or dry. I came across this one on a blog site and it's really good. It looks like an adaptation of the Magnolia bakery recipe but I'm not sure. Either way, it's good!
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-2/3 cups vanilla sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2-2/3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
- 1. Beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined.
- 3. Measure the flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- 4. Measure out the milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- 5. Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar and beat to combine. Add about a half of the milk/vanilla and beat to combine. Continue adding, alternating between dry and wet and finishing with the dry.
- 6. Scoop batter into cupcake cups about 2/3âs full. Bake at 350 degrees for about 22-25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 68g|
|Recipe makes 18 servings|
|Calories from Fat 118||46%|
|Total Fat 13.42g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 6.48g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.64g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|