A good friend of mine made this for a baby shower brunch. It was soo good. I like to make a fruit sauce to serve with it. Basically, use any bag of frozen of fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, peaches, etc), add some sugar and a little corn starch - boil until thick. Serve warm with french toast!
- (1) 10-oz long loaf of italian bread
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups milk or half and half
- 4 tsp. granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- Cinnamon to taste
- Grease a 13x9x2 inch pan with butter or margarine. Cut bread into 1-inch slices. Arrange in a single layer in pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with remaining ingredients, except butter.Pour over bread in pan. Cover with foil - refrigerate 4 to 36 hours.
- To bake, remove foil and dot with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. Remove from oven and
- let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with syrup, homemade fruit sauce, fresh fruit and/or whipped cream.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1188g|
|Calories from Fat 769||59%|
|Total Fat 86.02g||108%|
|Saturated Fat 40.5g||162%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 54.58g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|