Cost per serving $13.97 view details
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil plus
- 2 tsp extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med onion peeled, halved
- 1/4 lb spiced pancetta
- 5 x garlic cloves pressed
- 2 x garlic cloves finely minced
- 3 x garlic cloves cracked
- Â Â Coarse salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 3 can plum tomatoes - (35 ounce ea) pureed in a blender
- 1 can tomato puree - (28 ounce)
- 6 lrg fresh basil leaves
- 2 med lean beef cutlets - (9 ounce ea)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh flat-leaf parsley finely minced
- 2 tsp freshly-grated Pecorino Romano cheese plus more
- 3/4 lb sweet pork sausage with fennel 4 to 5 links
- 4 x pork spare ribs - (3/4 lb)
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 1 lb pasta such as ziti, penne or possibly pennoni
- 1Â 1/2 lb grnd top sirloin
- 3/4 lb grnd pork
- 3/4 lb grnd veal
- 2 x garlic cloves pressed
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/2 c. freshly-grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 Tbsp. finely-minced flat-leaf parsley
- 3 lrg Large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 slc Italian bread soaked in water
- 3/4 c. unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. light extra virgin olive oil
- In a large saucepan, heat 1/4 c. oil over medium heat. Add in onion, pancetta, pressed garlic, and salt; saute/fry 2 min. Stir in pureed tomatoes, tomato puree, and basil. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 45 min. Remove and throw away onion halves.
- Place beef cutlets on work surface. Sprinkle each piece with 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, 1 clove finely minced garlic, 1 tsp. parsley, and 1 tsp. cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Roll beef, and tie with kitchen twine.
- Heat remaining 1/4 c. oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add in cracked garlic, and cook for 2 min. Place rolled beef, sausage, and spare ribs in skillet and cook till golden, 8 to 10 min. Add in wine, and cook for 2 min. Remove browned meat from pan, and add in to sauce along with meatballs.
- Add in 2 c. water, and return to a simmer. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat for 1 hour and 15 min.
- Prepare the meatballs. Line a baking sheet with paper towels; set aside. In a large bowl, combine top sirloin, pork, veal, extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add in cheese, parsley, and Large eggs. Squeeze water from bread. Tear into small pcs, and add in to meat mix. Add in 3/4 c. bread crumbs; stir to combine.
- With damp hands, form 1/4 c. mix into a ball. Repeat with remaining mix. Heat light extra virgin olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is very warm, add in meatballs in one layer. Cook till golden all over, about 2 min per side. Transfer to prepared baking sheet to drain. (Makes 20)
- Just before sauce is finished bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in pasta, and cook till al dente, following package instructions. Drain, and transfer to a large serving platter. Stir sauce to combine, and ladle sauce over pasta. Serve meats on a separate platter. Sprinkle cheese over pasta and meats.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1347g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2007||65%|
|Total Fat 223.52g||279%|
|Saturated Fat 65.1g||260%|
|Trans Fat 1.45g|
|Total Carbs 91.71g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.2g||24%|