Cost per recipe $4.88 view details
- 1 med. onion, minced
- 2 Jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomatoes, liquid removed and minced - save liquid
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 can each: condensed beef broth and condensed chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 2 c. tomato juice using liquid from above
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili pwdr
- 1 1/2 tbsp. pickapeppa sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 frzn tortillas, cut in 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Saute/fry onion, pepper, garlic in oil till soft.
- 2. Add in remaining ingredients, except tortillas and cheese.
- 3. Bring soup to boil, lower heat and simmer covered 1 hour.
- 4. Before serving add in tortillas and cheese, simmer for 10 min.
- Note: Any ingredient may be reduced or possibly doubled depending on your personal taste for "warm" and "spicy" dish. Serves 6-8.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1928g|
|Calories from Fat 535||44%|
|Total Fat 60.55g||76%|
|Saturated Fat 16.18g||65%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 123.04g||33%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.5g||48%|