Pasta with deliciously tomato cream sauce, that's rich with cheesy goodness! And so easy to make!
Cost per serving $2.04 view details
- 1 lb. medium-sized dry pasta shells
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/3 c. (about 1 1/2 ounces) creamy Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1/4 c. freshly grated parmesan
- 1/3 c. chopped fresh basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the shells according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large sautÃ© pan over medium heat. Add the onion and crushed red pepper flakes and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the tomato and garlic and sautÃ© for 1 minute. Stir in the crushed and diced tomatoes. Add the vinegar and bring the mixture to a boil and cook ,uncovered, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the cheeses, basil, and cooked shells. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 277g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 103||39%|
|Total Fat 11.69g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 5.51g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.63g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|