Cost per serving $1.05 view details
- 12 oz. chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder (or less if you choose to)
- 4 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 5 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 c. purchased salsa (I use Newmanâs so I used 1 of the smaller jars)
- 4 â 6â³ corn tortillas, coarsely torn
- 6 oz. Monterey Jack cheese (reg or low fat)
- 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- Corn chips or baked tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350Â° F. Add 2 Tbsp canola oil to large skillet and preheat on medium-high heat. In a bowl add chicken, garlic and chili powder. Toss together. Add to hot skillet and cook for approx.5 minutes or until chicken is browned on both sides. Remove chicken, and set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp canola oil to skillet. Add onion and green pepper. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach.
- Coat a 2 qt square baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 3/4 c. salsa in to the baking dish. Top with half of the tortilla pieces, half the chicken mixture, and half the vegetable mixture. Pour 3/4 c. more of salsa over the vegetables and half of the cheese. Repeat by layering one more layer chicken and vegetable. Do not top with the remaining cheese at this point.
- Bake, covered, for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. If cheese is not fully melted put in the still warm oven to melt.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and tortilla chips.
- Makes 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 191g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 282||61%|
|Total Fat 31.75g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 8.55g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.3g|
|Total Carbs 25.4g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|