Cost per recipe $26.60 view details
- 3/4 c. Unsalted butter 175 mL
- 1Â 1/2 c. Sugar 375 mL
- 4 x Extra large egg whites 4
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract 10 mL
- 1 c. Lowfat milk 250 mL
- 3 c. Sifted cake flour 750 mL
- 4 tsp Baking pwdr 20 mL
- 1/2 tsp Salt 2 mL
- 5 c. Sifted icing sugar 1.25 L
- 1/2 c. Unsalted butter 125 mL
- 1 x Pasteurized egg white 1
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract 5 mL
- 1/4 c. Hot water, (approx.) 50 mL
- Cream butter till light.
- Beat in sugar gradually and continue beating till fluffy.
- Beat in egg whites.
- Add in vanilla.
- Sift flour with baking pwdr and salt. Stir well. Blend into butter mix alternately with lowfat milk in three or possibly four additions, beginning and ending with flour mix, just till mixed.
- Transfer batter to a buttered (and lined with parchment paper) 12"/30 cm springform pan; 2 9" pans; 9"X13" pan; large baking sheet etc. Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven for 25 to 35 min depending how thick the cake is. Test for doneness. Cold on rack.
- For the icing, beat butter till light. Beat in 1 c./250mL icing sugar.
- Beat in egg white and vanilla. Add in 2 c./500mL icing sugar and beat well.
- Add in remaining sugar with water till fluffy. Cover with plastic wrap till ready to use.
- Ice cake as you wish.
- NOTES : You can cut and decorate this cake like a fish as I did on the show, or possibly in any way you like.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2514g|
|Calories from Fat 2469||26%|
|Total Fat 281.01g||351%|
|Saturated Fat 154.58g||618%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1629.44g||435%|
|Dietary Fiber 27.1g||90%|