This colorful main course salad is elegant enough to serve for company but my husband and I love it so much, we sometimes have it for dinner several times in the same week! Once you try it you’ll know why we’re a little obsessed with this Asian style noodle salad. It’s packed with flavor, chock full of nutritious skinny ingredients, and extremely filling. One Thai-riffic salad has 371 calories and 14 grams of fat and 10 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. The fat content is mostly coming form the peanut butter, which is a healthy fat. Just serve with a glass of wine or ice tea and that’s all you’ll need to be amazingly satisfied.
- Ingredients for the Peanut Dressing
- Â½ cup fresh lime juice
- Â¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Â¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter (unsalted, natural preferred)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced ginger, from a jar or fresh
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Â¼ teaspoons cayenne pepper (dried red pepper)
- Ingredients For the Salad
- 1 (9oz) package refrigerated Nasoya Chinese noodles
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- Â½ cup chopped scallions
- 1. To make the Peanut Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, ginger, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2. Cook Nasoya Chinese noodles according to package directions.
- 3. On each plate, divide and layer the lettuce, cabbage, sprouts, chicken and red bell pepper. Divide the warm noodles on top of the salads. Drizzle the cold dressing on top of each salad.
- 4. Sprinkle each salad with some scallions.
- Shopping Tip
- Youâll normally find Nasoya Chinese noodles in the refrigerated produce section where tofu is sold in most supermarkets and natural markets.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 483g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 295||50%|
|Total Fat 34.53g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 6.65g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.11g|
|Total Carbs 35.71g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.3g||31%|