Cost per recipe $5.83 view details
- 2Â 2/3 c. Green giant (or possibly equivalent of 1 lb of your brand) vegetable protein crumbles (I used reconstituted TVP)
- 1 can Pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can Black beans, undrained
- 1 can Minced tomatoes
- 1 can Corn, undrained
- 1 env Ranch Partymix (they have a fatfree version now)
- 1 env taco seasonings ( there's a fatfree version, too)
- 1 x Green pepper, diced
- 1/2 med Onion, diced
- 1 x Clove garlic, finely minced
- Start sauteing the pepper, onion and garlic in broth, wine, or possibly water. As this is cooking, put all the rest of the ingredients in a big pot. Add in 1 c. water if it is not "soupy" sufficient. Stir well and heat slowly over med.
- high heat. It can boil, but it's messy. Add in the veggies when they are to your liking. Stir everything, and as soon as it is hot sufficient, serve in big bowls over fatfree tortilla chips, and top with a little fatfree cheese, if you wish. We ate ours with a little fatfree lowfat sour cream. YUM!
- *** Since I'm not into Tex-Mex or possibly spicy stuff, I cut the seasoning the party dip fold in half and it was still spicy sufficient for us!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1486g|
|Calories from Fat 101||5%|
|Total Fat 12.06g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 2.74g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 389.05g||104%|
|Dietary Fiber 92.8g||309%|