Cost per serving $0.20 view details
- 1 tbs. yeast or 1 packet
- 1/2 tbs. sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water (105-115 F)
- 1/2 cup milk, room temp
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup sugar
- 3-4 tbs. melted butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (about 1 medium sweet potato)
- 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 cups AP flour
- Proof yeast in water and 1/2 tbs. sugar.
- Add the yeast to the milk, then add the egg, half the butter, and the potato puree.
- Mix well.
- Add 2 cups flour to the bowl, begin to stir, adding flour until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Add salt, and flour a work area.
- Knead 2-3 minutes until potato puree is incorporated.
- You want a soft, but not tacky/wet dough.
- Let rise in a warm place, covered, until doubled.
- Punch down.
- Shape rolls as desired, let rise again 30-60 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Bake rolls util golden brown on top, about 12-15 minutes.
- Brush on the rest of the butter on the tops.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 37g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 43||49%|
|Total Fat 4.92g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.93g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.01g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|