- 6 chicken pieces bone in, skin on
- 1 cup chopped onions mixed with scallions
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup soy sauce + 1 tbs.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 - 6 red or other potatoes, cut in chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Salt and pepper the chicken pieces, lightly brown chicken in oil, drain. Add to a Dutch oven.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, add to chicken.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic, add to chicken.
- Add enough butter to the skillet to make 4 tbs. combo of oil and butter.
- Add an equal amount of flour, stir.
- Slowly add chicken broth, then soy sauce, cook to thicken to medium consistency.
- Place potatoes in pot with chicken, pour gravy over chicken.
- Cover and cook one hour.
- Adjust seasonings, top with parsley before serving.