Cost per recipe $4.06 view details
- 6 large banana peppers
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- Colby Jack cheese (grated)
- cheddar cheese
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Remove Chorizo from its casing and mash into a paste.
- Add in shredded Colby-Jack cheese and mix thoroughly; set aside.
- Prepare the peppers by slicing off tops (save the tops) and carefully removing seeds and pulps. Do the same to the removed top.
- Roll the Chorizo into a spindle shape and shove point first into the pepper using a small spoon or fork-end to fill completely.
- Overfill the pepper and replace the top, removing excess from the seam.
- Finely dice the tomato and add in to the enchilada sauce. Cook sauce until boiling and tomato is soft.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Arrange peppers in a casserole dish and baste thoroughly with enchilada sauce leaving a good amount in the dish to cook down.
- Cover and place in the oven for 45 min.
- At 45 min, turn oven off, remove casserole dish and place a slice of Monterey Jack, then a slice of Cheddar over each pepper.
- Cover, reinsert into the oven and allow cheese to heat.
- Best served over a bed of Spanish/Mexican rice with enchilada sauce poured over.
- As a side, lightly salted fried tortilla wedges with lowfat sour cream and guacamole adds a great dimension and relief for the heat of the enchilada sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1058g|
|Calories from Fat 608||56%|
|Total Fat 67.74g||85%|
|Saturated Fat 30.14g||121%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 62.33g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.9g||70%|