This is not my original but it is a keeper. If you like B B Q sauce with a little bite, this is for you.
"A sweet, dark brown barbecue sauce for pork, beef, or just about anything on the grill goes together quickly, and has a complex, sweet and tangy flavor with overtones of molasses, brown mustard, honey, and Asian sauces. This recipe makes a big batch."
- 1 (28 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 2 cups honey
- 2 cups molasses
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) jar hoisin sauce
- 1 (10 fluid ounce) bottle oyster sauce
- 3/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 (10 fluid ounce) bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together the ketchup, honey, molasses, sugar, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, brown mustard, Worcestershire sauce, white vinegar, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce is thoroughly mixed. The flavor comes alive over night. Best made ahead. Keeps well refrigerated for about 3 weeks.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3907g|
|Calories from Fat 206||3%|
|Total Fat 23.64g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 1919.54g||512%|
|Dietary Fiber 22.8g||76%|