I've made this twice now, the first time it made me two large cheese cakes and the second time I made a large one and two medium. I've had to amend the recipe slightly not that there was anything wrong with it, just that it made a very soft mousse cake which was difficult to handle.
The second time I put less butter in the base so it was crisper and melted the gelatine into the heated strawberry mixture forgoing the additional 100mls of water. The flavour is still all there, the cakes are less soft so I could get them into the fridge to set
Cost per recipe $7.94 view details
- Ingredients for Biscuit Base :
- 150gm digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 50gm ground toasted almond
- 125gm butter, melted
- Ingredients for Strawberry Mousse :
- 200gm fresh strawberries
- 120gm sugar
- 1 tspn strawberry paste(optional)
- 25gm gelatine
- 100ml water
- 400ml whipping cream
- combine all ingredients and mix well, then press mixture onto a 8" spring form pan and leave chill untill set
- cook ingredients (A) over low heat until sugar dissolved.
- dissolve gelatine into water then stir into mixture (A).
- finally, fold in whipped cream and mix to combine.
- spread mixture to biscuit base pan and leave chilled to set.
- then decorate the top with grated chocolates
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 780g|
|Calories from Fat 1638||72%|
|Total Fat 186.9g||234%|
|Saturated Fat 111.72g||447%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 152.73g||41%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.2g||21%|