Cost per recipe $0.00 view details
- Â Â See part 1
- Chill 1 c. of Semisweet Chocolate Ganache for at least 1 hour. Keep the remaining ganache at room temperature till needed.
- Remove the sides from the springform pan (don't remove the bottom of the pan from the cake; this will make it easier to handle later). Use a cake spatula to smooth and fill in the sides of the cake with 2 to 3 Tbsp. of room-temperature ganache. Proportionately spread the remaining amount of this ganache over the top and sides of the cake. Chill the cake for 1 hour.
- Transfer the chilled c. of ganache to a pastry bag fitted with a large-sized star tip. Remove the cake from the refrigerator. Pipe a circle of 12 proportionately-spaced stars along the outside edge of the top of the cake.
- Place a strawberry, stem side down, into each ganache star. Chill the cake for 30 min.
- Cut the cake with a serrated slicer, heating the blade of the slicer under warm running water before making each slice. Allow the slices to come to room temperature for 20 to 30 min before serving.
- Notes:"Death by Chocolate Cookies"