This is a simple & cost friendly recipe. Chicken drumsticks with a slightly spicy apple glaze. Most ingredients will already be in your pantry.
My kids love it, my 3 year old especially; he cleans the bone-no joke.
- 12 Chicken drumsticks-skin on
- 1 12 oz can 100% apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Apple pie spice
- Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Sesame seeds (if desired)
- Pan Spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Spray a baking pan with non stick pan spray. I use a broiler pan with the top so the chicken fat drips into the bottom of the pan.
- Season chicken with apple pie spice, chili powder, salt & pepper. Turn chicken & season again. Place in oven & roast for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes turn & cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Once chicken is in the oven begin the glaze.
- Add all ingredients through lemon zest into a sauce pan. Place over medium high heat & bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer until reduced by at least half. Glaze should be slightly syrupy & coat the back of a spoon. Finish glaze with 1 Tbsp butter.
- Transfer sauce to a large bowl. If using sesame seeds add to glaze in bowl. When chicken is done toss chicken in sauce. Transfer to a serving platter if desired & drizzle remaining sauce over chicken.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 76g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 39||31%|
|Total Fat 4.43g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.58g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|