My family loves Mexican food. We have so much left over turkey & the kids were revolting on eating anymore traditional turkey dinner. So I made these enchiladas. They really hit the spot with the cold weather.
- 4 cups minced cooked turkey meat (I used dark & white meat)
- 2 24-32 oz cans chili verde sauce
- 3 cups Mexican shredded cheese blend
- 1 large white onion minced
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, cleaned, stems removed & leaves coarsley chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick pan spray
- Pour about 1/2 of 1 can of sauce into bottom of 9 x 13 pan
- Mix turkey, onion, 1 1/5 cups cheese & remaining 1/2 can green sauce.
- Roll tortillas with turkey mixture & lay seam side down in pan. You may need to squish them into the pan a little.
- Pour remaining can of sauce over the enchiladas.
- Top with remaining cheese & then pepitas & green onions.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until on top. (Can bake covered or uncovered. I prefer uncovered because I like the cheese top to get a little cruchy.)
- Top with cilantro & serve
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 150g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 135||51%|
|Total Fat 15.01g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 8.82g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.28g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|