Hi Myra ,
Just made your soup and it is delicious !
Cost per serving $0.73 view details
- 2 chorizo links, sliced, or 1/3 lb. bulk chorizo sausage, or hot breakfast sausage, cooked
- 4 medium, or 2 large russet or Idaho potatoes
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1-2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion, or 2-3 scallions
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 oz. Velveeta, American cheese, or shredded cheddar
- 1/2 tsp. taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, cook the potatoes, mash them.
- Cook the sausage.
- Add the celery, onion and carrots.
- Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the butter, stir in the flour.
- Slowly add the milk, then the broth.
- Add the mashed potatoes. If soup thickens too much, add extra milk or broth.
- Stir in the cheese and seasonings.
- Garnish with cilantro and paprika.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 184g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 201||68%|
|Total Fat 22.48g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 11.17g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.66g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|