I don't know why dogs love peanut butter, but most do. These treats will make great little gifts for dog owners.
Keep them in the fridge for up to a month, or freeze them.
You can order cookie cutters shaped like bones, fire hydrants, paws, etc., which is also a nice gift to give and people can make their own treats.
Note: it is a misconception that all dogs are allergic to milk. Some are, like people, lactose intolerant.
- 1 cup whole wheat four
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Mix ingredients in a bowl.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough a half inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters, or a knife to cut into shapes, or, just spread the dough on a 10x15 baking pan.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
- If baking in one large batch, turn off the oven, let remain in the oven another 10-15 minutes, let cool, break into pieces..
- Store in a jar or plastic baggie.
- Makes about 100-120 small treats or 60 medium.