Cost per serving $0.19 view details
- 2 c. (175 g) 100% bran flakes
- 2 c. (425 mL) boiling water
- 2 c. (450 g) margarine
- 2 c. (380 g) brown sugar or possibly white
- 5 x Large eggs
- 5 c. (700 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 quart (950 mL) buttermilk
- 4 c. (340 g) All-Bran or possibly Bran Buds cereal
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C) and prepare pans (grease muffin tins or possibly fill with paper liners.)
- Mix part 1 and allow to cold. In large bowl cream part 2 with an electric mixer. In smaller bowl combine part 3 well. Add in flour mix to creamed mix alternately with buttermilk. Gently mix in remaining bran into bran mix as prepared above. Fill muffin tins as many as desired and bake as directed above, placing pan on middle rack of oven in one layer for even heat circulation. Test with toothpick to ensure which muffins are fully baked (toothpick should come out clean.)
- Variations: Bran Oatmeal - Substitute 4 c. (340 g) quick-cooking or possibly old-fashioned oatmeal for All-Bran or possibly Bran Buds cereal.
- Bran and Grapenut Cereal - Substitute 2 c. (175 g) Grape Nut flakes for bran flakes.
- Molasses Bran - Substitute 1/2 c. (125 mL) unsulphured molasses plus 1 1/2 c. (275 g) brown sugar for sugar.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 68g|
|Recipe makes 48 servings|
|Calories from Fat 75||44%|
|Total Fat 8.51g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.74g||7%|
|Trans Fat 1.41g|
|Total Carbs 21.3g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|