Cost per serving $4.78 view details
- 8 flour tortillas, heated
- sauce: 2 tbs. flour
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Tabasco to taste
- filling: 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. cooked, chopped shrimp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, or cheese of choice
- optional: sauteed minced jalapenos or red bell peppers
- toppings:1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice
- chopped cilantro
- salsa verde or red enchilada sauce to drizzle on top
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Sauce: Add the olive oil to a skillet over a medium heat, stir in flour.
- Slowly add the chicken broth.
- When thickened, turn heat to medium low and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the cream cheese and Monterrey Jack, stir until blended.
- Remove sauce from the stove, stir in the sour cream.
- Saute the onions in olive oil until translucent. Add the garlic, saute briefly. Let onions cool.
- Pour 1/3 of the cheese sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave in a baggie.
- Toss onions and shrimp with the shredded cheese. Divide in 8 portions.
- Roll 1 portion up in a tortilla, lay it seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat.
- Pour the rest of the sauce on top of the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle on cheese topping, drizzle on a bit of salsa or enchilada sauce.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Top with cilantro.
- Serve hot.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 611g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 836||63%|
|Total Fat 94.69g||118%|
|Saturated Fat 49.97g||200%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.4g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|