- 8 c. White bread, cubed-16 slices
- 1 lb Sausage meat
- 1 lrg Onion, diced
- 2 lrg Apples, pared, quartered,
- Â Â Cored, and minced
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1. Spread bread cubes on large cookie sheets; place in oven at 250 F for 10 min; remove from oven; reserve.
- 2. Cut sausage into thick slices. Brown 5 min on each side in a medium-size skillet, then break into small pcs. Cook 1 minute longeror till no trace of pink remains. Combine with bread cubes in a largebowl.
- 3. Pour off drippings from skillet; measure; return 2 Tbsp..
- Add in onions, and saute/fry till tender. Stir in water and apples; heat tp boiling. Pour over sausage mix; add in salt; toss lightly till proportionately moist.
- Makes approximately 10 c..