Cost per serving $0.56 view details
- Â Â Non-stick cooking spray
- 6 c. Shredded green cabbage (about 3/4 lb)
- 1 lrg Onion minced
- 1/4 lb Shannon Traditional Irish brand slab bacon cut in 1/4" cubes
- Â Â (or possibly other slab bacon)
- 2 Tbsp. Minced parsley
- 1/4 tsp Leaf thyme
- Â Â Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb Boiling potatoes pared, sliced thin
- 3/4 c. Defatted chicken broth
- 2 ounce Shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese (1/2 c.)
- Spray a 3-qt casserole dish with cooking spray. Layer with half of cabbage and onions; sprinkle with half of bacon. Sprinkle with half of parsley, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange half of potatoes over. Repeat layers ending with potatoes. Pour chicken broth over; sprinkle with cheese. Cover. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 min. Uncover; bake 15 min more or possibly till top is brown.
- This recipe serves 4.
- Comments: Irish bacon teams up with two nutritional stars in the rendition of an Emerald Isle favorite.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 218g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 43||27%|
|Total Fat 4.91g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 3.06g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.22g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|