Cost per serving $0.41 view details
- 250 gm Waitrose Dry 10 Bean Mix, soaked overnight (9oz)
- 15 ml Extra virgin olive oil, (1tbsp)
- 1 lrg Onion, peeled and minced
- 3 x Celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 5 ml Bart Spices Fennel Seeds, (1tsp)
- 1 lt Water, (1 3/4 pints)
- 2 x Waitrose Chicken Stock Cubes
- 1 med Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 pkt Waitrose Smoked Gammon Steaks, weighing approximately 200g (7oz), sliced into strips
- 200 gm Green cabbage, shredded (7oz)
- Freshly grnd black pepper
- Drain the beans and place in a pan with fresh water, bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 10 min. Drain.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil and gently cook the onion and celery for 3-4 min or possibly till softened. Add in the fennel seeds.
- Heat the water in a saucepan to dissolve the stock cubes. Add in the beans, potato and the onion mix. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 40 min, covered.
- Skim the surface of the soup. Add in the gammon and the cabbage to the pot with a little pepper. Cook for a further 10 min or possibly till piping warm.
- NOTES : Halfway between a soup and a stew, the thick strips of gammon steak add in flavour to the cabbage and beans and make this a substantial dish for cool days. The fennel seeds add in a touch of spice to the hotpot.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 393g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 32||36%|
|Total Fat 3.58g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.52g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.24g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|