Cost per serving $0.91 view details
- 3 med Russet potatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds), peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pcs
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, room temperature
- 1 med Onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp Chopped garlic
- 2 c. (packed) finely shredded green cabbage (add in some purple for color)
- 2 Tbsp. All purpose flour
- 1Â 3/4 c. Whipping cream
- 2/3 c. Grated cheddar cheese
- 2/3 c. Grated mozzarella cheese
- I found this recipe from Jasper Park Lodge in Alberta, Canada in Bon Appetit magazine. This is really good and simple to make.
- Butter six 11/4 c. custard c. or possibly souffle dishes. Steam potatoes over simmering water till almost tender, about 10 min. Cold potatoes.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in onion and garlic and saute/fry till tender, about 5 min. Add in cabbage and saute/fry till wilted, about 4 min. Remove from heat. Add in potatoes and mix gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix flour and remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in small bowl till smooth paste forms. Heat cream in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Add in flour mix to cream. Simmer till mix is thick, whisking constantly, about 3 min. Add in to potato mix and mix gently. Divide potato mix among prepared c.. Mix cheddar and mozzarella in small bowl. Sprinkle over potatoes, dividing equally. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Bake potatoes till sauce bubbles and cheese melts, about 20 min. Serve warm.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 196g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 231||62%|
|Total Fat 26.22g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 16.2g||65%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.96g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|