Cost per serving $0.77 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 med carrots diced
- 2 med Celery Stalks diced
- 1 med red pepper diced
- 1/2 sm head Napa cabbage (1 3/4#) cut crosswise into 2" pieces to equal about 12 c. Leafy tops and 2 c. crunchy stems
- 3 x garlic cloves crushed
- 3 x green onions sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped ginger peeled fresh
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce (+1t)
- 2 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 1/2 ounces)
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- Â Â leaves for garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. In 2-qt saucepan, heat 1 1/2 c. water to boiling over high heat; stir in bulgur. Remove saucepan from heat; cover and set aside.
- 2. In 5-qt Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add in carrots, celery, and red pepper; cook 5 min. Add in cabbage stems, and cook 7 min longer or possibly till vegetables are tender.
- 3. Reduce heat to low; add in garlic, green onions, and ginger, and cook 1 minute longer, stirring. Add in 1/2 c. water; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute, stirring. Remove Dutch oven from heat; stir in 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar, and cooked bulgur.
- 4. In small bowl, combine tomatoes with their juice, brown sugar, 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar, and 1 tsp. soy sauce.
- 5. In 3-qt casserole, place half of cabbage leaves; top with bulgur mix, then remaining cabbage leaves. Spoon tomato mix over top.
- Cover casserole and bake 40 min or possibly till warm in the center and top layer of cabbage leaves is wilted. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
- Makes 6 main-dish servings. 29% Each serving: About 220 calories, 7 g
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 141g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 26||14%|
|Total Fat 2.93g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.28g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 37.2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.1g||27%|