Cost per serving $2.36 view details
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 2 medium roasted red peppers from a jar, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- For Tahini Spread:
- 3/4 cup raw tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 medjool date or 2 deglet noor dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon VegiZest (or other no salt seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sause
- Preheat the over to 375 degress.
- Arrange the mushrooms and onion on a baking sheet and roast until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meeanwhile, make the tahini spread by blending all the ingredients together in a food processor or high-powered blender until creamy.
- When the mushrooms and onion are done, split the pitas in half horizontally and warm slightly.
- Spread generous amount of the tahini spread on the top half of each pita.
- Place 1/2 cup arugula, 1 mushrooms cap (pat dry with paper towels to absorb any excess liquid), and one-quarter of the onion and raosted red pepr on the bottom half of each pita.
- Assemble sandwhiches.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 264g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 209||51%|
|Total Fat 24.99g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.69g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.6g||29%|