- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 3 x Garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 x 28 ounce. can diced tomatoes in juice
- 4 Tbsp. Oil-packed sun-dry tomatoes, minced
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh basil, minced
- Â Â Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 lb Penne pasta
- 1/2 c. Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saute/fry pan, heat the oil. Add in the red pepper flakes and garlic and saute/fry over medium heat just till the garlic begins to turn golden brown.
- Next, add in the canned tomatoes, with their juice, and the sun-dry tomatoes and stir to combine. Then add in the sugar, basil and salt and pepper and bring the mix to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for 10 min.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the penne in boiling salted water. Drain the pasta well and return it to the pot. Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir to combine well. Stir in the ricotta and parmesan cheeses and cook over medium heat till heated through.
- Serves 4.