not mine but want to check out the calorie intake in making these.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Cost per serving $0.22 view details
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance, melted
- 3 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or all purpose)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (or white sugar)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease doughnut pans with Earth Balance. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (milk, Earth Balance, applesauce, vanilla, vinegar). Sift in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- 3. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 4. Bake for 12 minutes or until doughnuts gently spring back when touched.
- 5. Meanwhile prepare the cookie dough glaze (below). Remove the doughnut pan from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes. With a butter knife, carefully remove the doughnuts and place on cooling rack for another 10 minutes.
- 6. Dip doughnuts into the glaze and serve immediately. Doughnuts keep for 2-3 days. I suggest not putting the glaze on until just before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 66g|
|Recipe makes 7 servings|
|Calories from Fat 29||17%|
|Total Fat 3.27g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.86g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.23g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|