Cost per serving $1.62 view details
- 2 lbs fresh spinach or 2 10oz pkgs frozen spinach (thawed)
- 4 tbsp butter (can substitute some olive oil for health)
- 4 oz boiled ham, chopped (less, more, or none to taste)
- Whole nutmeg (or powdered)
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta (we use lowfat)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 lb rotini, penne, maccheroncini, or rigatoni pasta (we use Barilla Plus -- tasty & healthy)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Squeeze the moisture out of the spinach and chop it fine
- Boil water and cook and drain pasta.
- Put half the butter in a saute pan and turn to medium high. When butter foams, add ham, turn 2-3 times, then add spinach and liberal pinches of salt--the spinach needs it for flavor. Turn to high and saute spinach, turning frequently, for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in nutmeg, grated or powdered (no more than 1/8 tsp).
- Toss the pasta with the contents of the pan, plus the ricotta, the remaining butter, and the 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with salad, warm bread, and Parmesan and Pepper on the side.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 233g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 111||26%|
|Total Fat 12.65g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 6.9g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 61.66g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|