This is a simple and tasty summer grilled chicken recipe. We usually cook this with legs or thighs, but it goes well with chicken breast too. Consider doubling the recipe as it is even better the next day. We used left overs of this chicken to make the chicken noodle soup I posted recently.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken pieces or 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken pieces
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken and stir vigorously.
- Put chicken pieces in a shallow dish or ziplock bag and pour contents of bowl over chicken. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour or more.
- Grill chicken over direct or indirect heat, turning frequently to avoid burning if cooking over direct heat. Baste frequently with the marinade remaining in the bag or bowl.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 143g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 226||68%|
|Total Fat 25.25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 6.57g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.93g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|