Don't you love it when you find a great summer side dish that is healthy and goes with many things, so you know you'll be making it over and over again? That's how I felt when I tasted this fabulous cabbage salad. It is truly delicious and VERY easy. It's adapted from Kalyn's kitchen.
- 8 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- (You can use all green or all red cabbage.)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (or more)
- 8 T mayo
- 6 T fresh lime juice (more or less to taste)
- hot sauce to taste (I used about 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce)
- salt to taste
- Thinly slice cabbage, using a mandoline or food processor if desired--the thinner the better!. Slice green onions, and wash, dry and chop cilantro. (I threw in extra Cilantro for good measure!) Combine cabbage, green onions and cilantro in large salad bowl.
- In small bowl, wisk together, mayo, lime juice, and hot sauce. (You may want to start with less than the full amount of lime juice and hot sauce and keep adding until you have the desired blend.)
- Use a wooden spoon to mix dressing into cabbage mixture. Season to taste with salt and serve immediately, or chill for a few hours.
- I made a little extra dressing and reserved 1/3 cup to add after refrigerating, right before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 125g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 35||53%|
|Total Fat 4.01g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.57g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.43g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|