Cost per serving $0.78 view details
- 1 lb medium pasta shells
- 2 c. halved red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounce fresh water-packed mozzarella liquid removed, and
- Â Â cut into 1/2" pcs
- 1 c. fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. minced kalamata olives - (abt 20 olives)
- 6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. oil-packed sun-dry tomatoes liquid removed
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. liquid removed capers
- 1 x garlic clove chopped
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in food processor, make dressing. Combine all dressing ingredients. Process till sun-dry tomatoes are coarsely minced. Transfer to small bowl and set aside.
- Add in 1 tsp. salt and pasta to boiling water, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook till pasta is just tender, about 11 min. Drain well and transfer to large serving bowl.
- Add in dressing to warm pasta and toss to coat. Let cold, stirring occasionally. Add in tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, Parmesan and olives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss to mix and serve at room temperature.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
- Comments: This summer salad is bursting with robust flavors. Try it with fresh corn on the cob or possibly a salad of mixed greens just picked from the garden.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 86g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 104||33%|
|Total Fat 11.81g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 1.67g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 43.08g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|