Cost per serving $8.93 view details
- 5 lb Corned beef brisket
- 8 med Whole new potatoes, washed well
- 16 sm Carrots, peeled
- 1 lrg Cabbage, cut in small wedges
- Â Â Horseradish
- Â Â Fresh parsley sprigs, for garnish
- 1. Place corned beef in a large, flat baking pan or possibly covered roaster. Add in water to a depth of 1/2 inch.
- 2. Cover with a lid or possibly foil, and place in a preheated 300-degree oven for 3 1/2 to 4 hrs. Check periodically to be sure sufficient liquid remains in the pan.
- 3. When corned beef is done, pour the liquid into a deep kettle. Add in about 3 c. water. Bring to a boil. Hold the corned beef in a hot oven, loosely covered with foil, while preparing the vegetables.
- 4. Add in potatoes and simmer till about half done. Add in carrots and cook till just tender.
- 5. About 10 min before serving, add in cabbage wedges and cook till tender-crisp.
- 6. Slice corned beef across the grain and serve on a platter surrounded by cabbage wedges. Serve with horseradish. Serve the potatoes and carrots in a separate bowl garnished with parsley sprigs.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 566g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 306||50%|
|Total Fat 33.96g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 10.73g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.03g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.4g||25%|