Cost per serving $1.43 view details
- Â Â Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 3 lb Chicken, skinless dark meat
- 1 lrg Red onion, halve and slice
- 4 x Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1Â 1/2 c. Fresh orange juice
- 3/4 c. Low-sodium chicken broth, low fat
- 3 tsp Warm pepper sauce
- 1Â 3/4 c. Cooked black beans, rinsed and liquid removed (reserve 2-tbs liquid if you like)
- 1 x Red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 Tbsp. Dark rum, optional
- Â Â Salt and pepper, to taste
- Â Â Minced fresh cilantro
- 1 x Lime, cut into wedges
- 6 Tbsp. Lowfat lowfat sour cream
- Â Â Thinly sliced onion
- EASY Orange Chili Chicken with Black Beans takes about 12 min hands on preparation and about 1-1/2 hrs pot watching. Good for entertaining since it can sit in the pot on low heat. Serve with cooked rice, salsa, tortillas, and minced salad. Instead of a chili sauce, try a roasted pepper salsa.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Spray the surface and when warm brown the chicken pcs on all sides, cooking in batches to avoid crowding. Remove to a plate lines with paper towel and allow to drain. In the same skillet, cook the onion till soft and starting to brown about 8 min. Add in the garlic and cook another minute.
- Put the browned chicken back into the skillet and add in the orange juice, broth and chili sauce. Cover and simmer gently for 30 min. Add in the black beans (with liquid if using) and red pepper strips. Simmer uncovered another 30 min. Add in the rum, if using, and salt to taste and simmer 15 more min. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime, lowfat sour cream, onion rings and accompanying dishes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 384g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 241||40%|
|Total Fat 26.83g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 8.32g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 48.12g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.9g||33%|