Cost per serving $0.59 view details
- 4 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 c. whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 c. buckwheat flour
- 1/2 c. corn flour
- 1/4 c. cornmeal, preferably stone-grnd
- 1/4 c. grnd oatmeal
- 1 c. buttermilk pwdr
- 2Â 1/2 Tbsp. baking pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla pwdr, preferably pure
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. malt pwdr (optional)
- Combine all-purpose, whole-wheat, buckwheat and corn flours with cornmeal, grnd oatmeal, buttermilk pwdr, baking pwdr, baking soda, vanilla pwdr, sugar, salt and malt pwdr in large bowl with stiff wire whisk. Store in airtight containers or possibly resealable plastic bags. (
- Makes about 9 c.)
- To make pancakes, you will need 1 c. Multi-Grain Buttermilk Pancake and Waffle Mix, 1/2 to 2/3 c. water, 1 egg and 2 Tbsp. oil or possibly butter, melted plus more for greasing.
- Stir pancake mix together with water, egg and oil. Add in more water, if necessary, to make a soft pourable batter. Pour 1/4 c. batter for each pancake onto greased griddle set over medium-low heat. Cook till top of pancake is bubbling and underside is lightly browned, 1 to 2 min. Flip and cook till pancake is set, 1 to 2 more min.
- Serve immediately or possibly keep hot.
- You can turn this recipe into one for waffles by doubling the ingredients and following the manufacturer's directions for your waffle iron.
- This recipe yields 8 pancakes.
- Comments: For grnd oatmeal, grind oats in a food processor a couple of min. For an even more convenient mix, you can cut 3/4 c. shortening into the dry mix. Omit oil when reconstituting. This is more convenient but calls for the use of a hydrogenated fat. You can use solid butter in the dry mix (same amount as the shortening) but then the mix must be frzn.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 153g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||4%|
|Total Fat 1.76g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.42g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 89.5g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|