Cost per serving $0.29 view details
- 1/2 lb dried fava or lima beans
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (add more if you prefer the dip silkier)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1-2 lemons juiced
- Soak beans overnight in cold water
- Drain beans. Pinch skins off with thumb and finger if using Fava beans.
- Put beans in pot with garlic and cover with water. Simmer for 1.5 hours till beans are tender.
- Reserve some liquid and drain beans.
- Puree beans, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and half of paprika and cumin in blender or food processor. Add some of reserved liquid if puree is to thick.
- Sprinkle with rest of paprika & cumin and with cayenne.
- Server with pita chips or pita bread and garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 44g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 43||57%|
|Total Fat 4.85g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.68g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.24g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|