Cost per recipe $10.09 view details
- 3 1/2 c. dry pinto beans
- 1 1/2 lbs. grnd beef, cooked and liquid removed
- 1 1/2 lbs. Eckrich smoked sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 med. size onion, diced
- 3 med. size white potatoes, peeled and cubed approximately 1/4 inch
- 2 (16 ounce.) can whole tomatoes, peeled
- Lawry seasoning salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Optional for Cajun style: add in cajun spices, omit seasoning salt and black pepper
- Cook pinto beans, add in 2 Tbsp. of Crisco shortening (or possibly other type) to water bring to a boil. Add in pinto beans and seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to medium. Cook till 3/4 done. Add in all ingredients. Cook till done. You may have to add in water to allow to cook to complete done. Make sure the water level is always approximately 6 to 8 inches above beans.
- For added thickening you may use tomato paste for desired thickening. Best served over white rice.
- Chicken breast may be used in place of grnd beef. Beef sausage may be used in place of the pork sausage.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2251g|
|Calories from Fat 1010||24%|
|Total Fat 112.03g||140%|
|Saturated Fat 43.28g||173%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 544.38g||145%|
|Dietary Fiber 124.5g||415%|