Easy, make ahead family pleaser all in one dish
Cost per serving $0.91 view details
- 500 g mince
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 onions diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 2 tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 potatoes peeled and thinly sliced (keep covered in cold water)
- 500g cauliflower, partially cooked and drained (Broccoli may also be used)
- 300ml white sauce
- 150g grated cheese
- Fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add mince and fry until brown.
- Stir in herbs, tomatoes, carrots and season to taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Grease an oven proof dish and put in a single layer of potato.
- Top with 1/2 the mince mixture, spreading this out.
- Another layer of potato and then the balance of mince.
- Top with cauliflower.
- Pour over white sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cover and cook at 350 F /160 C for 1/2 - 3/4 hour
- If you would like a crunchy topping - mix fresh 150g breadcrumbs with cheese and spread over top before baking.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 263g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 147||53%|
|Total Fat 16.74g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 7.21g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 23.05g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|