Cost per serving $0.22 view details
- 2 cups flour (all purpose/cake flour)
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup milk (approximately)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons soft butter
- Make your favourite stew and ensure meat and vegetables are cooked before adding the dumplings. Also ensure that there is enough liquid or gravy in the pot as you cannot adjust this during the dumplings cooking time.
- Sift dry ingredients into bowl.
- Work butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add milk gradually and mix until you have a soft, firm dough. (Not wet and sticky - if you've been a bit too generous with the milk, roll dough lightly in a bit of flour)
- Divide dough into 4 or 5 equal balls.
- Place on top of stew, cover pot with a lid and reduce heat to simmer.
- DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO LIFT THE LID DURING COOKING TIME!!
- You will be rewarded with beautiful light dumplings.
- Bon appetite!
- VARIATIONS - choose one of the following and add before liquid.
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Mixed herbs of choice
- grated cheese
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 120g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 69||23%|
|Total Fat 7.86g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4.6g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 49.77g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|