This Mediterranean fish casserole recipe is healthy, absolutely delicious and a breeze to make.
All you have to do is put all of the ingredients together in an oven proof casserole and bake.
Ideal as a stress free dinner party dish.....and it looks and smells amazing when you bring it to the table and take off its cover. It makes it's own tasty sauce while it cooks!
- 1 1/2 lb/750g shelled and de-veined raw king prawns/jumbo shrimp
- 1 1/2 lb/750g raw hake fillet cut into roughly 2"/5cm square pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, bashed
- Juice and zest of a big lemon
- 2 smallish dried chilli's ground in a pestle and mortar
- A handfull of chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgen olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- This recipe can really be used for any fish fillets.....we have made it with sole, cod, snapper, tilapia, and many more. If you don't like prawns or shrimp, substitute them for any of these fish.
- Lay the hake fillets in the base of an oven proof casserole dish.
- Top evenly with the prawns/shrimps.
- Mix the garlic with the lemon juice and zest and pour evenly over the fish.
- Sprinkle over the parsley and chilli.
- Next drizzle over the olive oil.
- Finally season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Cover the casserole with a double sheet of aluminium foil and seal really well. This stops the loss of liquid/steam during the cooking process.
- Place in a very hot oven 230Âºc/450Âºf for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest, still covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
- Bring to the table and uncover in all it's glory - the aroma's are absolutely gorgeous.
- Serve immediately with extra lemon wedges if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 49g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||3%|
|Total Fat 0.07g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.68g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|