Cost per serving $33.90 view details
- 700 gm skinless hard white fish fillets such as cod haddock or possibly halibut
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lrg clv garlic peeled and finely minced
- 2 x red onions peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 lrg red pepper cored seeded and cut into strips
- 100 ml dry white wine two
- 400 gm cans minced tomatoes
- 15 ml sundried tomato paste
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 75 gm pitted black olives halved thyme sprigs to garnish
- Cut the fish into 40mm pcs and place in a shallow 2 litre ovenproof dish; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a shallow flameproof casserole on the boiling plate.
- Stir in the garlic and onions cover and cook in the simmering ovenfor about 15 min.
- Add in the paprika and red pepper.
- Cook stirring on the boiling platefor 1 minute.
- Add in the wine bring to the boil and let bubble to reduce by half.
- Add in the tomatoes sundried tomato paste and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and place uncovered on the floor of the roasting ovenfor 15 to 20 min till thick and pulpy.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish and place on the grid shelf on the floor of the roasting ovenfor 10 to 15 min or possibly till the fish is just hard and opaque. Scatter over the olives and garnish with thyme.
- Serve with rice and or possibly crusty bread.
- This richly flavoured fish stew is surprisingly low in calories. Serve it with rice or possibly crusty bread to mop up the tasty juices.
- Serves 4
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 11397g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 443||19%|
|Total Fat 50.38g||63%|
|Saturated Fat 7.35g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 451.3g||120%|
|Dietary Fiber 112.4g||375%|