A delicious panjabi dish, spicy but yet not too hot.
Prep time: 20-30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 bowls
Cost per serving $1.00 view details
- Green peas â 1 cup
- Sugar â a pinch
- Paneer(Cottage cheese) â 1 cup, cubed
- Oil â 1+1 teaspoon
- Ghee â 1+1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon â 1 inch stick, broken into halves
- Cloves â 5
- Cardamom â 3
- Cummin seeds â 1-1/2 teaspoon, whole
- Black peppecorns â 8-10, whole
- Onions â 3, medium size, 1-finely sliced, 2 diced.
- Red chilli powder â Â½ teaspoon or to taste
- Coriander powder â 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder â Â½ teaspoon
- Peanuts- 1/4 cup
- Ginger â Â½-inch piece,
- Garlic â 5 cloves,
- Green chilliesâ 3, medicum size, medium hot,
- Tomatoes â 2, medium size,
- Yogurt/Curd â 1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder â 1 teaspoon
- Cilantro leaves â chopped for garnishing
- Lemon juice â 1/3 cup
- Salt â 1 teaspoon or adjusted to taste
- Step 1) Boil peas in water with till salt and sugar added to it until the peas get softened. Once softened keep them aside.
- Step 2) In a pan heat the 1 tea spoon oil and sallow fry the peanuts until they start changing color.
- Step 3) In a mixer grinder add 2 onions diced, black peppercorns, Cloves, Cardamon, peanuts of step 2, ginger, garlic, green chillies make a thick paste of this mixture also add a little water before grinding, keep aside.
- Step 4) Make a thick paste of tomatoes, keep aside.
- Step 5) Smooth-en the curd and add juice.
- Step 6) Heat a pan and pour in the first part of ghee and oil. When smoking hot, deep fry the paneer pieces in oil until light golden color, remove from heat and keep aside.
- Step 7) In the same oil add cummin seeds, then add chopped onions and fry till onions start changing color, then add all the powdered spices coriander, red chilli etc. fry for 2 mins and add the paste made in step 3, fry this for 15-20 mins or until it starts loosing oil, you may add extra oil if you feel so to fry this mix properly, keep on steering and don't leave as it may burn at bottom also add 1/2 tea spoon salt.
- Step 8) When the mixture in step 7 seems done add tomato paste and fry until tomato paste is fried(must take about 3-4 mins).
- Step 9) Now add the curd mix and fry for 2 more mins.
- Step 10) Now add the boiled peas drained out of water and too mix also add the paneer and 2 cups of water and salt as per your taste bring it boil and keep on steering until desired consistency is achieved.
- Step 11) Just after turning off the heat add Cilantro leaves.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 238g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 62||36%|
|Total Fat 6.92g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2.42g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.83g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|