Cost per serving $1.06 view details
- 400 gm penne pasta
- 2 x tomatoes, (2 to 3)
- 40 gm unsalted butter
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. cornflour
- 600 ml reduced fat lowfat milk
- 75 gm cheddar cheese, (grated)
- 75 gm mozzarella cheese, (grated)
- 75 gm romano cheese, (grated)
- 1/4 tsp grnd black pepper
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, (optional)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 x clove garlic, (optional)
- Â Â salt
- Â Â sugar
- 1 Tbsp. breadcrumbs, (1 to 2)
- Place penne into boiling water and allow to cook till al dente.
- Slice the tomatoes very thinly and sprinkle with salt and sugar and allow to stand.
- To make the sauce add in butter to a saucepan and once melted add in the cornflour, stir for about 3-4 min. Then add in the lowfat milk a little at a time, then the cheese. Keep stirring to get a smooth consistency. Finally add in the nutmeg, white pepper and cayenne and stir into the sauce.
- Rub garlic on the inside of a baking dish (optional).
- Mix the penne and sauce together and pour into the dish.
- Place the tomato slices on top with a sprinkling of breadcrumbs, black pepper and more cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a very warm oven or possibly under the grill, long sufficient to brown the top and hot the tomatoes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 263g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 167||33%|
|Total Fat 18.9g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 11.26g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 60.44g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|